Vacancy: Operation Manager – Uganda
Specific duties include:
- Work with the COO and the operations desk managers to design effective strategies and policies to optimally support the rest of the organisation in a cost effective and low-risk manner;
- Work with the operations desk managers (Credit, Service, Client Care, HR, Training, Engineering and Logistics) to set the right targets, strategy and budgets, and translate those into annual and quarterly plans;
- Support the operations desk managers to create highly committed and skilled teams achieving their targets within the budget;
- Supervise the desk managers in the execution of their individual annual and quarterly desk plans and reporting;
- Measure internal client satisfaction levels to constantly improve the services that the operations teams provide to the rest of the organisation;
- Provide, per operations desk, quarterly progress reports to the COO and present progress against plan to the Managing Board.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate has over 10 years of highly successful work experience, of which at least 5 years in managerial roles in the field of operations, preferably in a fast growing consumer retail or financial institution in East Africa.
The role needs someone with the following attitude:
- Challenging status quo – there is always a better way
- Not accepting mediocrity – stimulate people to perform, replace underperformers
- Focus on big things – no time for micro management
- “Just do it” approach – quickly fixes problems by doing good root cause analysis, solution finding and translating to implementation
- Trust is good, control is better – systematically checks compliance with plans and procedures
The role will require the following skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization;
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses;
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Resilience under pressure. Flexible thinking and ability to adapt to change.
The candidate has completed a BSc and MSc/MBA degree at an accredited university.
What to expect
Our client offers a dynamic role in a high potential for-profit business in a fast-growing market.
The Operations Manager will be based in Kampala, but the job requires intensive field travel in the field and to neighbouring countries.
The company offers a competitive package consisting of a salary, a bonus (from the 7th month of employment) and medical insurance.
Team members are exposed to professional management courses and other experiences in and outside East Africa.
How to apply
Candidates should be willing to relocated to Uganda
Interested and qualified candidates can send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating their current and expected package.