Function / Department: KBL Warehouse Operations
Position Title: Operations Manager
Reports To: Key Account Manager
Direct Reports / Supervises: Beer controllers, Keg controller, UDV Controller, Inventory controller, admin controller, EHS controller, yard controller
Job Purpose: Plan, organise and control all warehouse operational activities to ensure client deliverables are achieved.
- IT Manager
- WMS Systems Administrator
- QHSE Controller
- Security Controller
- Admin Controller
- Inventory Supervisors
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Warehouse controllers
- Receiving controller
- Warehouse equipment and system owners
- Other suppliers
- Govt Regulatory bodies
Extent of Authority: Authority to instruct warehouse staff
- Monitor and approve receipt and release of clients’ stock
- Ensure safe custody of goods in the warehouse.
- Manage material movements according to SOP and best practice.
- Oversee the coordination of all inbound and outbound material.
- Ensure physical stock movements are correctly managed in the WMS.
- Follow up on orders for customers to ensure they are executed on time and accurately.
- Ensure that every step of the process is functioning effectively.
- Prepare daily planning schedule to ensure sufficient storage space, personnel and equipment are available to meet daily operational requirements.
- Ensure that weekly WMS reports on client volumes and warehouse capacities are done for top management.
- Measure warehousing activities with accurate KPIs and share KPIs with customers, regional team and top management.
- Notify management of any irregularities and issues.
- Perform daily spot checks on warehouse documentation and archiving to ensure compliance.
- Consistently analyse productivity and efficiency of warehouse staff and equipment.
- Monitor staff to ensure job activities are carried out properly based on agreed job descriptions and set objectives.
- Follow up on the development of company QHSE policy on the shop floor.
- Follow up with QHSE, legal, security incidents/ findings with relevant department heads.
- Manage the personnel in line with health and safety regulation and group policy.
- Handle customer issues raised by customer service officer and ensure satisfaction and retention.
- Develop staff skills and provide sufficient training.
- Perform daily spot checks to ensure SOP and QHSE compliance on the shop floor.
- Evaluate complaints received on shipments of equipment and stock, and take appropriate action.
- Good communicator
- Customer care
- Computer literacy
- 3 years’ experience in supply chain or a related field
Diplomas – Education
- Tertiary education in either logistics or supply chain management would be an advantage
- Training in MS Office suite and other industry related courses would be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills
- Interpersonal relations
- Team leader
- Sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Team driven
- Results driven
- Good communicator
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to send their CVs to email@example.com indicating your current salary and expected salary on or before 24th June 2016