Exciting Challenge in Conservation of Karura Forest
The Friends of Karura Forest Community Forest Association (FKF/CFA) and the Kenya Forest Service (KFS) work to protect, manage and restore Karura Forest Reserve to a natural state providing ecosystem, educational and recreational services for all.
The Karura Forest Environment Education Trust (KFEET) is an integral component focussing on environmental education.
We now have a vacancy for:
The Position: The appointee will be responsible for all operations, including finance, security and staff of FKF/CFA and KFEET.
Duties and responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Managing operations and projects
- Advising and reporting on strategic, operational options;
- Implementing financial management policies and control systems;
- Providing leadership, guidance and to manage staff effectively at all levels;
- Designing training policies for enhancing staff skills;
- Managing daily field work to monitor progress and assess needs;
- Instilling morale, loyalty and a sense of common purpose among staff;
- Managing communications with partners, stakeholders and media;
- Ensuring custody and maintenance of fixed and movable assets;
- Higher university degree or equivalent in relevant field;
- 20 years’ experience demonstrating increasing responsibilities and supervision of teams;
- Strong interpersonal, networking and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrable skills in writing, public presentations, IT and financial literacy;
- Reputation for professional diligence and integrity, energy and innovation.
Terms: Attractive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to participate in an exciting, interesting and noble endeavour.
Qualified candidates should email application to FKF-OM@biz-ideas.biz not later than 7th July 2016.