Role Purpose: Reporting to the Head of Mobile Financial Services (MFS), the position will be responsible for driving uptake of the MFS products and services through the development and execution of the MFS marketing strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and management of the MFS brand and communication strategy to create and grow brand recognition in the market.
- Formulate and drive the marketing sales strategy to achieve revenue and acquisition targets for both mass market and corporate customer segments.
- Define product positioning, pricing and tariff structures, as well as launch key offers, services, & promotions to drive uptake.
- Develop and execute trade-marketing strategies and oversee trade-marketing team to achieve acquisition targets and increase MFS usage.
- Work with the Product Team to define the product and service roadmap.
- Manage the marketing budget and allocate available resources as per strategic objectives. Determine the appropriate mix of Above The Line (ATL), Below The Line (BTL) and targeted marketing initiatives to acquire key customer segments and accelerate uptake. Monitor marketing spends and effectiveness of on-going campaigns.
- Maintain visibility of market evolution and adapt marketing strategy to meet new demands and changes in the competitive landscape. Use quantitative and qualitative data to understand customer behaviour and apply those insights to the marketing strategy.
- Produce regular weekly and monthly reports, dashboards and analysis focused on achieving targets and revenue goals, awareness and market perception tracking, and detailed analytics regarding usage and uptake.
- Undertake leadership and mentoring of the Marketing team and manage execution of section objectives.
- Establish staff KPIs, conduct monthly performance evaluations and plan staff training and skills improvement.
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures; Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Degree in Marketing, Business or other relevant field (or equivalent).
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- 5-10 years relevant marketing experience in management role
- Additional experience in Telco/Banking is an added advantage
- Proven management and motivation skills
- Strong analytical skills including demonstrated experience using hard data and metrics to measure performance, determine improvements and innovations.
- Solid understanding of market, competitors & customer
- Strategically Oriented – solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the MFS portfolio; able to identify opportunities and define and implement these opportunities
- Financial Management – develop and manage budgets, drive down costs wherever possible.
- Presentation and communication skills – superior, both written and oral. Experience in report writing.
Application should be sent by latest 24th June 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.