Role Purpose: Reporting to the Head of Mobile Financial Services, the position will be responsible for the MFS Products and Services portfolio.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define the new product development and innovation processes for the MFS division and integrate it into the rest of the company.
- Work together with the MFS marketing team to develop the strategic product roadmap for the MFS division, providing regular updates and strategic analysis of the progress in achieving the roadmap goals
- Oversee and manage the Product & Operations Team to develop and launch approved products and services.
- Define and manage the change request roadmap with inputs from technical and commercial teams. Oversee the Product & Operations team to implement approved change requests and service improvements.
- Work together with technical and corporate sales teams in order to design, configure and deliver the systems, products and services to meet corporate customers’ requirements and deadlines
- Define and monitor the customer experience for consumer, corporate and distribution users of the MFS systems and oversee continued improvements to the user experience.
- Define MFS product operations and processes and manage product team to perform daily operations including reconciliation with 3rd parties, monitoring and reporting on operational indicators and performing operational reports to support finance, sales, distribution and customer service teams.
- Undertake leadership and mentoring of the Product Team and manage execution of section objectives.
- Establish staff KPIs, conduct monthly performance evaluations and plan staff training and skills improvement.
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures; Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Maintain strong ties and consistent communication with Marketing and Technical teams to capture appropriate commercial requirements and manage technical implementation and project timelines
- Degree in Business, Marketing, IT or other relevant field (or equivalent).
- 5-10 years relevant experience in a management role within an innovation environment within the telecommunications or financial services sector, having being exposed to all disciplines.
- Additional experience in Telco is an added advantage
- Project Management – experience with management of large project teams achieving deadlines
- Customer focused – passionate about delivery of results to internal and external customers
- Solid understanding of market, competitors, & customer
- Strategically Oriented – solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the MFS portfolio; able to identify opportunities and define and implement these opportunities
- Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions, expert spread sheet skills a distinct advantage
- Financial Management – develop and manage budgets, drive down costs wherever possible.
- Strong leadership skills
- Presentation and communication skills – superior, both written and oral. Experience in report writing.
Application should be sent by latest 24th June 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.