Vacancy: Personal Assistant to the MD
Background: Our Client is a well established diversified company operating multiple businesses in diverse sectors of the economy.
Arising from business growth, the MD needs an able Personal Assistant to facilitate effective functioning of his office.
While the employer offers equal opportunity employment, the unpredictable work schedule, long working days and constant travel on short notice may be unsuitable for female candidates and only those able to meet such a unique working environment are encouraged to apply.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide necessary support to ensure effective functioning of the office of the MD
- To manage the MD diary ensuring effective coordination between key persons and contacts to ensure proper planning of the diary.
- To support the MD in ensuring close monitoring of projects to ensure they progress as scheduled and completed on time
- To provide support services in ensuring effective functioning of the Board including coordinating meetings, taking minutes and arranging logistics for Board level events
- Supporting the MD in following up implementation of Board resolutions
- To attend meetings with MD and represent him in internal and external meetings and events when the MD cannot attend.
- Ensure effective communication by the office of the MD with management and employees of associated companies.
- Facilitating the MD to manage time effectively by preparing executive presentation, memos, letters, reports etc
- In consultation with the MD, to step in for the MD when required to ensure quick fix to urgent matters requiring MD’s attention
Essential Skills / Competencies
- Must be very self driven and flexible
- Able to multi-task work with a multidisciplinary team and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to observe and maintain high levels of accountability and confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Very good interpersonal relationship skills
- Highly competence in MS Office Suit
- Competence to write and disseminate Board minutes
- Good organization and coordination skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to project a positive image of the MD
- Good public relations and media relations skills
- A Bachelors Degree in a Business field
- A Diploma in Public Relations, Office Management or Certified Public Secretary (CPS) Part II will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years experience as PA to MD of a medium sized company / group of companies is a essential.
How to Apply
Send a very detailed and updated CV including current salary with subject heading PA to MD on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CV must clearly indicate the duties, responsibilities and agreed performance targets of all positions held and the immediate supervisor.
Because of the urgency in filling this position, short listing will be done as CVs are received and closed as soon the minimum number of applicants to constitute a good short list is attained.
Do not attach certificates at this stage nor is a forwarding letter required