PKF Eastern Africa
Position: Corporate Finance Manager
Position: Corporate Finance Manager
Reporting to: Consulting Directors
- Develop, participate in development of a business plan for the consulting services to be offered by the firm
- Support the Consulting Directors to target and pursue business opportunities in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Target and pursue business opportunities within the firm from existing clients
- Carry out various marketing activities including seminars, proposals and articles in consultation with the Consulting Director
Assignment Operational Management
- Adhere to firm’s risk management policies on client acceptance and risk assessments prior to accepting clients
- Ensure that all hold harmless letters and other contractual letters for each assignment are in the respective files before commencement of each assignment.
- Draw up the assignment plan for all assignments in consultation with the Consulting Director
- Ensure that the consultancy team is fully and properly briefed on each assignment.
- Ensure that all scheduled consultancy assignments commence and finish as per the timetable and inform the consulting director periodically on the progress and reasons for delay, if any.
- Carrying out field visits, guide and supervise staff, and review assignment work on field visits to ensure that all assignments are carried out in accordance with the plan and to revise the plan where necessary.
- Ensure proper project management and control on all assignments.
- Ensure the assignment deliverables are complete in all material aspects prior to submission to the Consulting Director for review.
- Prepare reports and discuss preliminary issues with the client prior to the Consulting Directors review.
- Motivate, monitor and evaluate the performance of the consultancy team on all assignments.
- Provide on-the-job training towards staff development and training
- Monitor the performance of
- Create an environment that will encourage the recruitment and retention of qualified staff
- Ensure that the assignment budget is not exceeded without the express authority of the Consulting Director.
- Ensure that all consultancy assignments are carried out within the budgets and to report any expected variances to the Consulting Director.
- Review time sheets of consultancy staff weekly.
- Follow-up on work in progress.
- Monitor debtors and follow-up of collections.
- Review of registers currently in use.
Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Consultancy Directors in relation to consultancy assignments
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum second class honours upper division in business related course. MBA in Corporate Finance is an added advantage. management
- Professional qualification and membership in CPA, ACCA or CFA qualification and membership will be added advantage.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with a combination of Corporate Finance experience in a consulting or public accounting firm.
- Team player with collaboration spirit and the ability to thrive and work independently.
- Ability to motivate assigned team or staff to deliver excellent results and work products, role up sleeves, flexible, adaptable, a polished negotiator with unsatisfied curiosity.
- Ability to communicate and present to various levels of stakeholders verbally and in written reports.
- • Strong project management skills with experience in managing multiple assignments or projects concurrently.
- Desire to enforce independence, professionalism, objectivity and confidentiality along with high ethical standards.
How to Apply
If you fit the above profile and are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title in the field of interest directly to email@example.com by 24th June, 2016.