Practical Action is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) that uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the PAC team to maintain and update pipeline reports in consultation with programme teams
- Conduct desktop research on prospective opportunities and consultancy assignments
- Assist in the preparation and submission of Expression of Interest (EOIs) and proposals
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the strategic fit checklist for each proposed project/assignment:,
- Assist in the compilation, collation and analysis of Key Performance Indicator reports and other project deliverables
- Supporting the preparation of PR materials (such as case studies, leaflets) and implementation of PR events
- Assist in following-up with finance department on contracts that are due for payment; assist in preparation of payment requests and invoice tracking
- Assist in maintaining and updating PAC timesheets and accruals
- Participate in team meetings as required
- Undertake any other relevant duties assigned from time to time by the line manager.
- Must be a Graduate in either of the following: Business Administration, Development Studies, Finance or any other related field.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an analytical mind and able to work with numbers and tabulations.
- Previous experience will be considered an advantage when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
- Computer knowledge and experience in the use of Ms PowerPoint, Word and Excel is required.
Practical Action is an equal opportunity employer; qualified women are encouraged to apply.