The Headmaster serves as an instructional leader of the school and the overseer of campus operations.
Reports To: Executive Director
Performance Responsibilities: The main functions of the Headmaster’s role will include: hiring, management, leadership, monitoring and evaluation, vision and curriculum implementation.
Including, but not limited to:
- Assuming ultimate responsibility for the management and operation of the school in accordance with organizational goals, in addition to all legal and administrative policies and regulations
- Providing instructional leadership that creates, implements, maintains, and enhances excellence, scholarship, and achievement for all students
- Leading in the development, evaluation, and revision of curriculum and assuming responsibility for the implementation of approved programs
- Liaise with parents and stakeholders within the community
- Preparing and supervising the creation of the master teaching schedule and maintaining an efficient office system to support the administrative functions of the school
- Providing an articulated, consistent education for all students while encouraging staff to develop innovative strategies, techniques and activities
- Overseeing the evaluation of instructional materials, including textbooks, computer programs, library/media acquisitions, and other instructional materials
- Supervising the maintenance of individual student records and reports of pupil progress
- Directing the development of the school’s budget including staffing needs and instructional resources
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Must have extensive experience (3+ years) in a management role at a primary or secondary school
- Proven leadership ability in school administration, curriculum development, program evaluation, staff development, school improvement, and staff supervision and evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A passion for education, social justice and children
- Be willing to reside in Njabini, Kenya
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact, to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR & THE JOB REF)
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
Note: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews