Maintenance and Facilities Manager
Scope and General Purpose: Responsible for a team of 15, the Maintenance and Facilities Manager will be a crucial member of the management team.
that all facilities, buildings and compounds are maintained at the
highest standards i.e. cleaning, maintenance, repair & construction
- Conduct a monthly audit of facilities and maintain a comprehensive maintenance and repair schedule.
- Maintain an updated inventory of buildings, furniture, equipment and other related assets.
in liaison with the Heads of Schools, the logistics and administrative
aspects of various school events in terms of venue arrangements.
leadership to the Estates Team, ensuring high level of integrity,
customer service, discipline and ownership. Lead by example.
- Liaise with the County Council and other authorities on issues of permits and other regulatory documents.
- Advises the school on building health and safety issues.
- Prepare monthly management reports.
to interact positively with management, and other employees, to promote
a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- A degree or higher qualification in Building and construction or engineering
- Fully conversant with Health and Safety issues
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position having grown through the ranks in reputable organisation.
- Must be able to demonstrate managerial and leadership competencies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Must be at least 40 years old.
should forward their applications enclosing detailed CV’s stating their
previous and expected gross pay and copies of relevant certificates by
e-mail to BlumeAfrica @gmail.com.
N.B Candidates who applied for our previous position of Estate Manager need not apply