Emali Dedicated Children Agency (EDCA) is a Community Organization working with ChildFund towards helping the Deprived; Excluded and Vulnerable children have the capacity to improve their lives and the opportunity to become young adults, parent and leaders who bring lasting and positive change in their communities.
- Works closely with the EDP structures to facilitate the design, planning, implementation, and monitoring of child centered programs using ChildFund Theory of Change and program principles.
- Enhance Child and Youth Participation in Programming.
- Facilitate and Enhance Quality and Timely implementation and monitoring of projects in line with AOPBs, ChildFund Policy and DEV framework.
- To facilitate the creation and/or strengthening of quality relationships between EDP and the available NGO and relevant government departments/ministries to influence and foster development at the Community, Divisional and Sub County Levels.
- Facilitate timely and quality documentation and reporting of project progress and report production monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Facilitate community mobilization and action for development.
- Work closely with contractors and service providers in the field in consultation with Programme Coordinator.
- Guide community organizations in developing workable proposals and Annual Plans and budgets.
- Work closely with the EDP Sponsor Relations department to support sponsor relations activities in line with ChildFund Kenya policy on sponsorship.
- Participate in preparation of AOPB as per ChildFund guidelines to support organization road map, ASPs and ChildFund Program strategies.
- Prepare accurate and detailed progress reports of implementation.
- Support grant funded activities as required.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
- A Degree in Social Sciences, Water Engineering, Agriculture or any other related field.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Kiswahili.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office computer applications.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Committed team player who is result oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills gained from working in community-based organizations or relevant sectors for at least 2 years.
- Willing and ability to work in rural areas under minimal supervision and have passion for working with children & community.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Reporting to: The Programme Coordinator
Interested and qualified candidates may submit their letters of application, updated Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages) with daytime contacts, a list of three (3) referees including their phone contacts and email quoting the vacancy number, current and expected salary to:
Emali Dedicated Programme
P.O. Box 249
Deadline for applications is 30th June 2016.