Job Title: Project Engineer
- Coordinate the implementation of the project’s infrastructure related activities
- Conduct technical assessments and data analysis
- Develop and continually update Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs) for the delivery of project infrastructure.
- Develop Bills of Quantities (BoQs), and tender documents
- Provide overall follow up and supervision of the engineering works related to the project
- Provide technical expertise related to the planned infrastructure works carried out by the project
- Monitor expenditures, budgets, and track activity expenses; ensure that appropriate action is taken in a timely fashion
- Develop technical resources (e.g. strategic framework, standard operating procedures (SOPs), manuals) to guide Eco Loos Infrastructure interventions, drawing from international best practices, along with field specific observations.
- Develop clear infrastructure monitoring tools (e.g. checklists).
- Report the daily progress of works to the project manager
- Ensure that all Eco Loos infrastructure data is well managed and provides an accurate representation of the reality on the ground.
- Liaise between the project’s stakeholders and beneficiaries
- Attend and participate in capacity building trainings, if any
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree or Post graduate Diploma in Civil or Mechanical engineering
- BSC Degree in Telecommunications Engineering is an added advantage
- 2-3 years’ experience in an infrastructure project (tender procedure, design, planning, implementation, budgeting, reporting, evaluation and monitoring)
- Independent, self-starter and creative
- Ability to travel across the country regularly for training, assessment, regular monitoring and evaluation
- A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Able to use a computer, with word-processing and spreadsheets, (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Able to use AutoCad and ArcGIS.
- Experience in managing infrastructure works, and in coordinating activities with partners and facilitating capacity building
Email application letter, cv to firstname.lastname@example.org before 18th June 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.