Passionate about building value
At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
In Africa, we’re the largest provider of professional services with offices in 31 countries and over 8,000 people. This enables us to provide our clients with seamless and consistent service, wherever they’re located on the continent.
We are looking for an individual to join our PwC Africa Business Resilience function at Senior Manager level.
The PwC Africa Business Resilience (BR) function has responsibility for Physical Security, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Incident Management and the ISO 22301 accredited Business Continuity Management System (BCMS).
The successful candidate will provide dedicated support to the PwC Africa Security and Business Resilience Director, which will include a wide range of responsibilities in accordance with the PwC Africa Business Resilience Lines of Delivery.
Lines of delivery
- Travel Security – policy management, advice, authorization process, country briefs, tracking, 24/7 support;
- Business Continuity Management – policy and BCMS management, training, awareness, education and Incident Management;
- Enterprise Risk Management – policy and programme management, PwC annual risk assessment: identification, analysis, evaluation aligned to PwC Africa-wide and member firm KPIs;
- Business Intelligence – analytical forecasting and risk reporting;
- Security risk awareness – training, education and awareness;
- Technology and infrastructure protection – capital project development, security system and guarding tenders, SRAs;
- Special projects – extreme and high risk engagements; and
- Supplier Relationship Management – 3rd party engagement support, specialist training.
- Working towards an integrated Africa and network-wide business resilience model through close collaboration with key stakeholders including a virtual network of PwC Africa Territory (member firm) Security Leaders and BC DR Representatives, the Office of General Council, Risk and Quality teams, Human Capital, engagement leaders, other Market Area BCM Coordinators, 1T (IT and Info Security) and the PwC Network Security Group.
- Manage and develop robust and uniform Physical Security processes across the region, to include travel security, technology and infrastructure protection and investigations.
- Act as the focal point for all inward- and outward-bound travel to member firms and for cross border engagements, including working with Global Mobility for International Assignees in the region.
- Provide direct assistance to member firms and regional leadership teams in coordinating incident response and BC plans, support the Market Area BCM Coordinators for incident management.
- Support the Market Area member firms’ BCMS workflows, maintaining compliance with the ISO 22301 accreditation and liaising with other Market Area BCM Coordinators to develop the BCMS, the efficacy of BC and DR and member firms’ BC Plans.
- Support the Africa ERM programme with quality management reviews.
- Continuously asses the threats and risks to member firms and lines of service (Tax, Assurance and Advisory) delivery to provide advice in a proactive manner, inform the ERM programme and support the Africa Analyst in the PwC Network Analytic Cell.
- Act as the PwC Africa Business Resilience Training Manager. PwC Network Standards stipulate the requirement for Territory Security Leaders and BC DR Representatives: conduct an annual training needs analysis and develop a training package to support all member firms commensurate to their risk environment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with law enforcement and government security agencies, private security companies, intelligence providers, major companies and multinational organisations. Maintain a list of vetted external security service providers.
- Holder of a Kenyan passport.
- Experienced security professional with a deep knowledge of all BC related activity. Information and IT security experience is preferable.
- Experienced in commercial security, security consulting, risk management, law enforcement, military, other government security services or a combination thereof.
- In depth knowledge of the region with a wide network of contacts. Ability to engage easily at all levels of regional security agencies, international governments, other major companies and multinational organisations.
- Experienced in working across organizational functions, at all levels (dealing with matters from the strategic to the operational level) developing integrated and holistic approaches and working under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proven relationship building and influencing skills, the ability to work independently.
- Native English speaker with other relevant language ability a plus. Ability to travel at short notice.
- A graduate of Law or International Relations with local and international experience is preferable, as is high risk destination experience.
If you want an exciting career in a successful Þrm, please visit our website http://www.pwc.com/ke/en/careers/vacancies.html and apply online on or before 15 July 2016.
© 2016 PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited. All rights reserved. In this document, “PwC” refers to PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited which is a member Þrm of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited, each member Þrm of which is a separate legal entity.