Regional Head of Content
Position objectives: Reporting to the Regional Manager and based in Kenya, the candidate will be responsible for developing the content strategy for East Africa Region.
Overseeing, sourcing, delivering new and current content and programming across multiple platforms.
- Develop regional content strategy for East Africa and ensure strategic alignment to the overall business strategy.
- Represent content needs of region at Corporate for input on all shared content decisions (i.e., channel selection, bouquet composition, etc.).
- Competitor insight and analysis of the respective key markets, identifying new programming, channel development and market opportunities.
- Regular performance management of the necessary and existing channels, providing editorial and performance feedback to internal and external channels.
- Evaluate, recommend and manage new channel proposals based on Content Strategy and Business needs for the respective market.
- Manage Free-To-Air (FTA) selection and liaison.
- Provide bouquet structure proposals.
- Propose content changes /acquisitions (channels or commission of new programmes) with supporting business cases (developed in coordination with analytics teams).
- Conduct continuous analysis and research with the Analytics teams.
- Build relationships with local/ international suppliers and be abreast of their key programming activities.
- Liaise and maintain tight relationships with the Regional MNet teams.
- Maintain the Yearly Content Planner of key genre programming across key Bouquets to identify these to wider business departments.
- Maintain Channel Launches, Terminations and Events calendar for wider business information needs.
- Recommend Qualitative and Quantitative Research that needs to be undertaken in the respective markets to improve channel performance.
- New content evaluation based on Qualitative/Qualitative research.
- Support Content Managers in providing Content Strategy updates on key market developments.
- Provide insight and support information for Content Strategy Reviews, Key Channel Supplier reviews, Senior Management meetings and business Operational Reviews.
- Provide internal support for all business touch-points – including content queries, forums, websites and platforms.
- Manage specific strategic content projects within the East Africa region.
Key Measures / KPIs
- The level of satisfaction from internal and external clients.
- Beneficial relationship with major players.
- The degree of quality of the content.
- Optimized functioning of the channels.
Job Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- University degree in Marketing / Communications / Journalism / Media or any related degree.
- At least 10 years’ experience in content, marketing or product management within TV or communications industries or relevant media experience
- Experience in formulating & implementing new and profitable growth strategies and launching new products.
- Experience in preparing presentations and briefing documents.
- Understanding of the key trends and issues in the global media industry.
- Strong technical understanding of content delivery platforms.
- Gathering, analyzing and communicating key market and strategic information.
- Experience working within Pay TV environment.
- Be prepared to travel.
- African/ market, relevant experience for the role.
- Passion for TV Programming.
- Be a self-starter as this role will involve a lot of self-initiative, organisation and discipline.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to send their CVs to email@example.com on or before 28th June 2016