Our client, a Kenyan Landmark Hotel Group, is looking to recruit a passionate and creative Head Chef to run their restaurant in Westlands.
He/She will be responsible to coordinate and supervise the running of the kitchen at the restaurant in line with the restaurant concept, with the aim of maintaining high standards of food production and obtaining maximum guest satisfaction as well as increasing sales and achieve food cost budget.
- Responsible for training chefs & implementing kitchen standards.
- Develop menus and plan banqueting functions.
- Proactive maintenance.
- Good stock controls and stock rotation.
- Responsible for all food orders, storerooms and fridge and deep freezers.
- Maintain accurate management information system.
- Maintain safe, healthy and hygienic working environment.
- Forecast food production accurately.
- Food & beverage reports.
- At least 3+ years relevant experience in a high end establishment.
- Diploma or certificate from reputable hospitality college/school.
- Passion for creating fabulous food.
- Excellent communication skills – with guests and fellow staff members.
- Good organisational ability.
- Lateral thinking ability.
- Honest, have good integrity, a proactive and driven person who has career ambitions.
- Computer skills.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 300,000/= (Approx. 3,000 USD)
Deadline: 3rd July 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.