Our client, a Kenyan Landmark Hotel Group, is looking to recruit a Restaurant Manager.
The ideal candidate will ensure that the clients receive excellent service and quality products in the restaurant areas and outlets, and that the restaurant department achieves its objectives within the set budget.
- Implement an efficient and effective organizational structure.
- Maintain accurate costing on an ongoing basis of consumption in the restaurant.
- Participate in the formulation of the annual operating budget in determining outlet projected revenues and expenses.
- Ensure operating equipment requirements are in line with the compilation of the annual business plan.
- Be constantly aware of new business opportunities and action these.
- Recommend menu changes according to client demand and sales history analysis.
- Establish and strictly adhere to the par-stocks for all operating equipment and supplies, to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- Ensure that the minimum operating standards are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service established in the departmental operations manual.
- Take a personal interest in the client’s satisfaction and establish a rapport with clients.
- Ensure highest standard quality and variation in F&B, within the set budget.
- Ensure first class presentation of food and drinks in restaurant areas.
- Monitor that all staff approaches the clients in a pleasant, courteous and professional way, take corrective actions if required.
- Ensure that team members follow health & safety regulations at all times and report responsibly to identify problems, report to superior and take action if required.
- Orient and plan work in areas of responsibility, overview and authorize roistering of staff within areas of responsibility.
- Highlight to management possibilities to improve work methods, procedures, equipment, services etc.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or restaurant related degree.
- Must have at least 8 years experience in a busy restaurant with high-end service standards, out of which at least 3 years in a management position.
- Demonstrated ability to perform training and coaching of restaurant staff on a regular basis and perform refresher courses as well as appraisals.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to deal with customer complaints.
- Ability to create a team spirit among his colleagues.
- Computer literacy.
- Attention to details.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh.200,000/= (Approx. 2,000 USD)
Deadline: 20th July 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.