Department: Marketing & Sales
Reports To: General Manager
Role Summary: The ideal candidate will support, manage and innovatively manage the entire sales functions of the business. Sales & Marketing Staff Management, relationship management with corporate clients; and product evaluation, awareness, innovation and development through strategic campaign initiatives targeted at individual and corporate clients, by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- The candidate must be a self-starter and highly motivated.
- Drive the Marketing & Sales Department related projects as you mobilize resources and personnel to meet pre-determined deadlines & milestones.
- The candidate deliverables will include managing a team of direct marketing & sales representative. Marketing function will be primarily to create relationships that result in generation of awareness to bring in sales leads.
- Continuous innovation of processes and procedures to enhance customer experience and satisfaction.
- Coordination of Marketing & Sales Assessment Meetings – with related Personnel.
- Participate in the general Sales & Marketing and OPS Assessment Meetings – with the relevant personnel.
- Development and enforcement of an effective rewarding system for exceptional sales & marketing staff performance.
- Review of Customer Satisfaction – by making ‘cold calls’ to a few sample clients and critically reviewing customer feedback forms.
- Develop a staff recruitment plan that ensures reasonable availability and adequacy of active and standby personnel (marketers / customer service/etc) at all times.
- Coordination and content development of staff training programme to ensure the highest standards of proficiency in service delivery and product positioning are attained and maintained.
- Forecasting requirements, preparing annual marketing + sales budgets and scheduling expenditures.
- Commendable market research skills to produce accurate and persuasive presentations for clients.
- Be up-to-date on market dynamics that can influence potential customers by analyzing the territory/market’s potential, determines the value of existing and prospective customer’s value to the organization.
- Provide leadership in the ‘Product Awareness Campaigns’ and enhance connection of the business to its target customers.
- Promote/sell/secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach that generates new business for the organization’s products/services.
- Participate in trade shows and conventions.
- Strategically enforce key marketing initials by coordinating all the necessary company elements.
- Develop sales strategies, KPI’s and periodically appraise all employees under your management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a Sales & Marketing, preferably with a logistics background and strongly demonstrated managerial and customer service skills.
- Experience in setting revenue and sales target is a must.
- Professional qualification in sales and marketing will be an added advantage.
- A degree in Sales & Marketing or its equivalent from a recognized University or ability to provide proof of working in such a position for over 4 years.
- Good knowledge of products and services in the logistics and transportation sector would be an added advantage.
- An effective communicator, with proven Customer Care and Marketing competences and impeccable interpersonal skills.
- Proven IT Skills (Windows / Office (Excel: Pivot tables) / Operating Systems/Social Media) will be an added advantage.
- A pro-active, presentable and self-driven individual.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (Level: Mastery)
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team (Level: Mastery)
- A self-starter with exceptional planning and organizational skills (Level: Mastery)
- Result oriented (Level: Mastery)
- Ability to analyze issues from a customer’s perspective and solve problems – (Level: Mastery)
- Ability to maximize business opportunities: (Level: Mastery)
- Excellent networking skills.
Cover letter (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2280”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2280, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 8th July 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.