Position: Sales Officer
Duty Station: Nairobi
Overall Purpose: Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counselling, skills development and product knowledge development.
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible and advising senior management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Responsible for managing the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and meeting agreed targets.
- Responsible for the planning, recruitment, direction, organization and control of sales representatives to accomplish specific objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports, cyclical sales meetings, sales newsletters.
- Plan and implement a specific appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales team, set individual territory sales and commission targets and administer the commission plan.
- Personally observe the performance of Sales representatives in the field on a regular basis.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Generates ideas frequently and always working out ways and means of “doing it better.”
- Maintaining and increasing sales of the company’s products
- Establishing, maintaining and expanding company’s customer base
- Servicing the needs of your existing customers
- Setting sales targets for individual reps and your team as a whole
- Allocating areas to sales representatives
- Developing sales strategies and setting targets
- Monitoring the team’s performance and motivating them to reach targets
- Compiling and analyzing sales figures
- Possibly dealing with some major customer accounts
- Collecting customer feedback and market research
- Reporting to senior managers
- Keeping up to date with products and competitors
- Execute other reasonable duties/tasks from time to time as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor of Business Management / Commerce (Sales Marketing).
- 3-5 years of Sales & Marketing related experience – retail, agency, manufacturing or FCMG marketing.
- An understanding of retail and background to lead projects from a business need perspective.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Advanced level of proficiency in database (Access) word processing (Word) and presentation (PowerPoint) software applications.
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Team player with excellent influencing skills
- High level of Initiative and self-drive
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Be efficient & effective with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, meet the above minimum qualifications and experience send as a One Word Document of your Application letter along with an Up to date CV Only and a daytime telephone contact to; firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 13th June 2016 at 5:00pm.
NB: Use the position title as the subject of the email.