Job Purpose: The Sales Executive’s main purpose is to learn the company’s product by completing training assignments which include market research, creating sales pipelines, scheduling meetings and contributing to the sales team success in meeting their set objectives.
- Creating and maintaining sales pipelines
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers
- Visiting potential customers for new business
- Providing customers with quotations
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Gathering market and customer information
- Representing the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- Recording sales and order information
- Ensure customers are provided with accurate and timely information on sales transactions.
- Market research
- Input of sales and other related data in the sales software system.
- Responsible for accuracy of information, updating and monitoring of information from input to completion of the order.
- Assist in ensuring availability of sample materials in the showroom.
- Deal effectively with customer complaints and provide timely resolution.
- Answer telephone inquiries promptly and professionally.
- Contribute to the Business Development and any sales related work in the team.
- Back-up and rotate through multiple sales support functions
- Diploma or higher in Sales & Marketing or related field
- 2 years experience in Sales or Marketing, preferably in a manufacturing industry and with a proven track record
- It is an added advantage if the candidate will use her/his existing professional network to help the company in broadening its East Africa clientele, especially in hospitality, tourism, military and disaster relief.
- Be presentable, trustworthy and reliable
- Strong customer-service, planning,problem-solving, organising, selling and negotiating skills
- Ability to work within diverse teams
- Possess relevant IT skills
- Must be result oriented and aiming at self-development
- Good communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must have the ability to handle pressure and be self-motivated
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV firstname.lastname@example.org. As the subject line of your email, write “1921” and please make sure to include your Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 1921, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 2nd July 2016
NB * When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.