Company Description: Sanergy is an award-winning social venture, based in Nairobi, Kenya, that makes hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban slums for everyone, forever.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life – as small businesses.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, training, marketing and business analytics. We collect the waste every day and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable by-products, such as organic fertilizer and renewable energy.
We are a rapidly expanding and increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts.
Role & Responsibilities: Research, design, test, and project manage the implementation of solutions to improve critical facilities. Projects will include ensuring effective equipment productivity, asset maintenance and CAPEX projects management.
Key Skill Requirements:
The Facilities Manager will need the following qualities:
- Innovative solution oriented business mind.
- Excellent analytical skills – data collection, statistics, data modelling.
- Project design experience.
- Project management experience – how to manage projects, break down problems, develop methodologies, frameworks and develop implementation plans,
- Human centred design skills – understanding and working with users, how to get to the why rather than the what and developing design innovations from this information;
- Resoundingly pragmatic and innovative
- Leadership skills
- The ability to conceive, design, test, evaluate potential solutions and implement recommendations;
- Communications and presentations skills.
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptable to an ever changing business.
- Project manage projects including – monitor adherence to designs, layouts, specifications and work breakdown structures for facilities upgrade and new equipment installation projects assigned by the Team Lead and manage any challenges in an effective manner.
- Ensure monitoring and adherence to project schedules and budgets for upgrade and new equipment installation projects as per timelines and budgets issued by the Manager.
- General management of facilities at Sanergy to ensure that they are in a clean and safe state.
- Ensure effective monitoring adherence to Occupational Safety & Health by all facilities team and all contractors on site.
- Monitor adherence of the Capital Equipment Maintenance procedure for specific projects.
- Maintenance planning and documentation for all plant machinery
- Assist with the design of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and One Point Lessons (OPLs) for various equipment.
- Suggest areas of maintenance cost reduction for facilities and equipment at Sanergy.
- Continuous evaluation of security systems at Sanergy and suggest areas deemed for improvement.
- Conduct periodic work planning for staff under area of supervision. Assist in conducting continuous performance evaluation of the same as well as guiding staff on areas of improvement
- Ensure proper bookkeeping of all records by staff under supervision.
- Work with the Manager to champion continuous improvement through enforcement of Kaizen system of management within all facilities at Sanergy
- Management of specific facilities projects, new equipment installation projects and equipment maintenance projects within the set time & cost and to the correct specification.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and monitor where there might be complaints from Sanergy staff due to the state of facilities and develop measures to forestall such occurrences
- Degree in Engineering or similar.
- Experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders.