Company Description: Sanergy is an award – winning social venture, based in Nairobi, Kenya, that makes hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban slums for everyone, forever.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, training, marketing and business analytics. We collect the waste every day and safely remove it from the community.
- Conduct research, design, test, and project manage the implementation of solutions to improve critical facilities. Projects will include ensuring effective equipment productivity, asset maintenance, CAPEX projects management and product design..
- Maintain the buildings and grounds of the organization,
- Directing staff and overseeing the upkeep of equipment and supplies.
- Ensure the buildings and grounds are maintained, which entails daily and weekly cleaning schedules as well as determining and scheduling repairs, renovation projects, waste reduction improvements and safety inspections.
- Ensure that they adhere to the budget and maintain a good relationship with the external vendors.
The Facilites Project Manager will need the following qualities:
- Excellent analytical skills – data collection, statistics, data modelling,
- Project design experience
- Project management experience – how to manage projects, break down problems, develop methodologies, frameworks and develop implementation plans,
- Human centred design skills – understanding and working with users, how to get to the why rather than the what and developing design innovations from this information;
- Resoundingly pragmatic and innovative
- Leadership skills
- The ability to conceive, design, test, evaluate potential solutions and implement recommendations;
- Communications and presentations skills.
- Attention to detail
- Project managed projects including – monitor adherence to designs, layouts, specifications and work breakdown structures for facilities upgrade and new equipment installation projects assigned by the Manager and manage any challenges in an effective manner.
- Support monitoring adherence to project schedules and budgets for upgrade and new equipment installation projects as per timelines and budgets issued by the Manager
- Assist in monitoring adherence to Occupational Safety & Health by all facilities team and all contractors on site.
- Monitor adherence of the Capital Equipment Maintenance procedure for specific projects assigned by the Manager
- Maintenance planning and documentation for all plant machinery
- Assist with the design of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and One Point Lessons (OPLs) for various machines and equipment e.g. concrete mixer, poker vibrator, grinders, jig saw
- Suggest areas of maintenance costs reduction for facilities and equipment at Sanergy
- Continuous evaluation of security systems at Sanergy and suggest areas deemed for improvement
- Conduct periodic work planning for staff under area of supervision. Assist in conducting continuous performance evaluation of the same as well as guiding staff on areas of improvement
- Ensure proper bookkeeping of all records by staff under supervision. Assist in developing timestamp systems to ensure timely recording and updating of all data
- Work with the Manager to champion continuous improvement through enforcement of Kaizen system of management within all facilities at Sanergy
- Assist the Facilities Manager in management of specific facilities projects, new equipment installation projects and equipment maintenance projects within the set time & cost and to the correct specification.
- Work with the Facilities Manager to monitor where there might be complaints from Sanergy staff due to the state of facilities and develop measures to forestall such occurrences
- Degree in Engineering or similar.
- Experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders.