- Enter, update, and/or retrieve accounting data from automated systems.
- Verify accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records.
- Payroll preparation and statutory remittance.
- Submit relevant withholding and VAT payments to Kenya revenue authority.
- Code, post and receive payments.
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities.
- Perform all necessary accounts, bank and other reconciliations.
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payments.
- Keep track of all insurance policies and licences, renewal dates and renew as required.
- Create sales agreements and pro forma invoices and assist the sales team in seeing through sales.
- Prepare all financial accounts ready for auditors.
- Review new procedures, manuals, and system enhancements.
- Must have minimum 7 years’ work experience in accounting or finance.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent.
- Must be a CPA (K) or ACCA finalist.
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools, i.e. Sage and spreadsheets.
- Must have the ability and drive to work independently, solution oriented.
- Ability to determine work priorities, make decisions and take appropriate actions.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Deadline: 31st July 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.