Duma Works is recruiting a Senior Energy Business Consultant for one of our clients.
Our client is a Swedish company that aims to attract direct foreign investment in Sweden.
The role as an energy business consultant is to facilitate effective and efficient energy business opportunities in Sub-Saharan Africa whilst actively promoting Swedish energy solutions.
The energy business consultants will have a leading role in the “Africa Energy Program” launched by Team Sweden and facilitated by the company.
The purpose of the Africa Energy Program is to provide Swedish companies with market knowledge and connect them to the business opportunities within the energy sector in Sub-Saharan Africa, in order to increase sales for Swedish energy related companies.
The program is designed for Swedish energy companies interested in establishing and expanding their business in the region.
Apart from your colleagues at the company, you will work closely with Swedish energy related companies, the Swedish inter-agency team of specially designated representatives, the US Power Africa in South Africa, transaction advisors and inter-agency team, the Power Africa team at the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) as well as with the aid and trade promotion teams at Swedish Embassies in relevant African countries.
The role of the energy business consultant is a new one linked to the Swedish Government´s export strategy with the intention of:
- Increasing Swedish companies´ participation in so called “High Potential Opportunities” (HPO´s) e.g. Africa Energy Program
- Improving coordination between aid and trade promotion, thus leveraging on Sweden´s long tradition of extensive aid not least to the energy sector
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- In cooperation with Swedish industry and Team Sweden, identify and develop a pipeline of high potential energy projects that are technically and financially viable, and well matched to the Swedish offerings.
- Consulting services with the objective of establish and grow Swedish energy businesses and presence in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Energy market intelligence and information sharing
- Coordinate with other Power Africa implementers and stakeholders within the US and Swedish teams
- Identify investors, shop around opportunities, and assist a host government to promote to potential investors
- Support bid and tender processes
- Identify legal and regulatory impediments to deals, and assist host governments to address.
- Stakeholder management
- Support dialogue broadly with the government, donors, and civil society.
- Monitor and report on program and project development
Who are we looking for?
- Business minded energy expert, with an extended local and regional network
- Bachelor’s degree in energy-related engineering, policy, business, finance, economics, or a related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum five years of experience of the sub-Saharan energy sector required; eight years of experience preferred
- Experience with international donors and financial solutions
- Excellent knowledge of the demands of the local and regional power sector
- Demonstrated business and team skills, versatility, and integrity
- English fluency required
Areas of responsibilities?
- Lead own projects
- Lead program and promotional activities
Sales & Marketing:
- Full sales cycle responsibility
- Independent client dialogues
- Manage and develop team members
- Role model our company values
- Regular business travel within Sub-Saharan Africa and to Sweden will be required dependent on project needs
You will report to the Trade Commissioner and work as a part of the consultant team and the Africa Energy Program.
Applications letters and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2102”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2102, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 12th June 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.