The Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Platform-wide improvements / optimisation to the existing system;
- Leading in continuous product build: USSD / SMS, Web, Reports.
- Running scrums and sprint cycles with developer team;
- Keeping up with KEY system essentials: testing, bug fixes, feature requests, deployment, and documentation;
- Planning, communicating, documenting, and tracking milestones and results;
- Demonstrate strong abilities in MVC, PHP, Java, MySQL;
- Working knowledge of USSD, AWS, Bitbucket, SMS, HTML5, and Laravel 5.2+ will be advantageous;
- Fluency in spoken and written English a must. Strong Swahili a plus;
- Clear communication, autonomy, and a singular focus on problem solving;
- Resourceful and pro-active when generating solutions to software development problems;
- Support and work together with other team members as necessary to achieve collective goals.
- At least one year work experience
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2283”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2283 Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 10th July 2016
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.