Department: Human Resource
Reports to: Country Human Resource Manager
Job Objective: The Human Resource Officer is responsible for providing support in the various human resource functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring, payroll processing and employee counseling.
- Contribute to the Regional business strategy by helping identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
- Diagnose business challenges and together with Country HR craft solutions and see through execution
- Translate business and HR strategy into a clear annual HR operational plan
- Implement regional initiatives and strategy
- Manage the local introduction of new or revised Human Resources Policies and Procedures to support business processes
- Responsible for execution of all people processes in the employment and business cycle, in line with policy and legislation
- Support the regional management in forecasting and planning the talent pipeline requirements in line with the business strategy
- Facilitate line of sight initiatives to build a high-performing organization aligned with the strategic leadership agenda
- Facilitate and promote employee engagement and feedback
- Provide expert advice and coaching to management where appropriate
- Advice and support line managers in the handling of Employee Relations matters. Support business to resolve conflict at the earliest opportunity
- Ensure execution of Performance Management philosophy and processes
- Monitor and analyse regional employment data with recommendations for future action
- HR Reporting (monthly, training, assessments, projects)
- Alignment of business objectives to employee objectives
- The number of interventions successfully implemented
- 85% employee engagement and low employee complaints
- The number of project implemented smoothly and effectively.
- The average time spent on Employee Relations cases.
- First Degree Human Resource Management, Commerce or Business Administration
- Higher Diploma from IHRM a necessary added advantage
- At least 2 years’ HR experience in a busy environment
- Extensive experience in payroll management and production
- Project Management skills
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with MS office package especially MS Excel
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Facilitation skills
- Willing to travel within region assigned
Kindly include names of three referees and a daytime telephone contact.