Startimes Media Kenya
Job Title: IT Maintenance Assistant
Reports To: IT Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Context: Pay-Tv Environment
Level: Entry Level
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ready to work on night shift or early morning shift even weekends
- Monitoring and maintenance of the StarTimes Servers and network.
- In charge of Call Center computers (hardware and software).
- Call Center Support
- Compiling everyday Call Center Reports
- Installation and setup of new computers within the office and also in StarTimes outlet shops(in Nairobi and outside Nairobi)
- Support the office network, printers and computers
- StarTimes system support to all persons using the system.
- Training to call center agents, shops agents etc.
- Sending of SMS as applied for by all departments.
- Monitoring and support of the network both VPN links and internet link
- Updating of the website on a whenever asked to do so.
- Inspection and monitoring of the Server room as well as the VPNs all over the country.
- And any other work given by the supervisor/management
Skills and Competencies:
- Master Cisco equipment knowledge and configuration.
- Master Windows/Linux Common system architecture, know how to install OS in Windows
- Understand MYSQL, Oracle or other common database configuration and management, proficient in SQL language
- Understand the Linux/Unix operating system
- Can work carefully, meticulously and with dedication, can work under high pressure and in a shift system
- Should be honest and of high integrity
- Good communications with others.
- Work positive, Think positive, willing to learn more, willing to work under pressure.
Education / Experience:
- University Degree/College Diploma in information technology or a related discipline is required
- Understand the DTT&DTH industry better
- Entry level position so ages restricted to below 30 years
Note: Qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV’s quoting relevant skills and experience to email@example.com
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.