Stima Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Limited (Stima Sacco) is a leading country-wide, fast growing and licensed DTS (Deposit Taking Sacco) with an asset base of Kshs 22bn, a loan book of Kshs17bn, and membership of 65,000 derived from the energy, utilities, services, small and micro enterprises (SMEs) and other sectors.
Its key priority in the 2016-20 Strategic Plan is to transform its business model and grow the business through innovative products, unparalleled customer service, aggressive resource mobilization and expanded distribution channels.
In order to achieve the planned growth, the Sacco is looking for a qualified and competent professional to fill the following vacancy:
Head of Risk
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Risk Committee of the Board and the Chief Executive Officer and working with various heads of functions, the job holder will determine the strategic and operational risk appetite across the Sacco, establish frameworks and policies for monitoring and implementing risk mitigation strategies.
The job holder will ensure effectiveness and adequacy of internal control systems, risk management and governance policies, procedures and processes and the Sacco’s compliance with statutory requirements and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and ensure execution of integrated risk management strategy, frameworks and policies and monitor the Sacco’s compliance with these.
- Periodically determine and quantify the strategic and operational risks appetite of the Sacco in conjunction with various heads of functions.
- Lead risk assessment activities by identifying, analyzing, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business.
- Establish an efficient and effective control environment to monitor risk, oversee and enforce risk management policies to close gaps in risk capabilities.
- Ensure prompt reporting of risk exposures and provide advice on their resolution, in line with best practices.
- Ensure that risk management, control and governance systems are functioning as intended and enable the organization’s objectives and goals to be met.
- Oversee the classification of risk categories covering strategy, operations, finance and reputation.
- Serve as the custodian of the Sacco-wide risk register and ensure regular reporting, tracking and mitigation of the risks.
- Attend Board Risk Committee meetings as the Committee Secretary.
- Advise on risk issues and prepare reports for the Board and Management to assist in decision making.
- KCSE: B- or its equivalent.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent and a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, Accounting or other related field will be an added advantage.
- Must possess professional qualification such as CPA (K), ACCA, CFA, CISA membership of a professional body for the past 5 years.
- Certification in Risk, Compliance and/or other relevant training shall be an added advantage.
- A minimum of seven (7) years working experience in risk management practices and process implementation, five (5) of which should be in Risk Management position.
- High analytical skills to be able to challenge status quo based on qualitative facts and impacts.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation and report writing skills.
- Have the proven ability to challenge status quo based on facts and impacts.
- Well- developed communication, leadership and management skills, clear strategic vision and the demonstrated ability to make strategic decisions in a timely and effective manner.
Interested candidates should forward a Cover Letter and CV indicating the position applied for as the Subject Line to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5pm on 30th June 2016 indicating the position applied for as the subject line.
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted