The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) in collaboration with the University of Washington (UW) is conducting research studies at multiple sites in Kenya.
The KEMRI / UW / MOH / CDC Family Planning study project seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Act as the point person in the field.
- Coordinate entry into the facility and logistics surrounding data collections and survey administration.
- Data collection from source documents and administration of study questionnaires and in-depth interviews according to the SOP.
- Ensure all data is of good quality and perform quality checks before submission.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and data collection activities.
- Maintain proper communication between health facility and Study Coordinator’s office.
- Maintain adequate supplies at the study sites for example study forms.
- Maintain inventory of supplies with the support of the study assistant and data clerk.
- Submit daily summary of study progress to the Study Coordinator/data manager and suggestions on any improvements to the study procedures as appropriate.
- Ensure strict compliance with ethical requirements for conduct of research.
- Perform other duties that may be given by the Regional/Study Coordinator.
- Minimum Diploma in Nursing (KRCN/KRN); registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Previous research experience
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications.
- Strong organizational skills and financial accountability.
- Commitment to integrity and high quality performance.
- Strong professional references from previous supervisors.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
If you meet the above requirements, please CLICK HERE to complete the online application form and then send an application letter with your current CV that contains details of your qualifications, experience and the full time telephone number and names and addresses of 3 professional referees to Email address: email@example.com to reach us by 17th June, 2016 at 5.00 p.m.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.