Position: Supply Chain Planning Manager
Duty Station: Nairobi
Overall Purpose: Managing the company’s Supply Chain Planning Processes by ensuring consumer demand is always met and by optimizing the company’s inventory through effective Demand & Supply Planning as well as ensuring timely delivery of stocks from the company’s suppliers to the company designated storage points in order to meet company requirements through efficient and effective metrics and monitoring tools.
- Develop Demand Planning as a center of excellence, in significant consultation with the Commercial Teams. As well as engaging key stakeholders within the Commercial and Operations Teams.
- Generate Demand Plans using statistical forecasting techniques and achieve Consensus in adopting them. Also deploy Demand & Supply Planning processes that meet company requirements.
- Making decisions on Demand & Supply Planning decisions Inventory optimization decisions
- Define implement and maintain Supply Chain Planning policy master data parameters for all stock items to support the Demand and supply planning process including Supplier Manufacturing lead-times, item supply lead-times and preferable delivery channel. i.e. sea vs. air for each stock item.
- Generate monthly Supply Schedules for Merchandise and ensure use of Optimized Supply Schedules by Merchandise Procuring Units in their day to day purchase decisions
- Generate Rough Cut Capacity Schedules with yearly horizons and requisite proposals for decision making in consultation with dedicated private label manufacturers
- Communicate Supply Plans to all stakeholders internally and externally and maintain complete and accurate Supplier Lead Time details for all merchandise.
- Synchronize Supplier promise dates to Supply Plans that meet the company’s strategic objectives
- Manage plan achievement by ensuring adherence to set plans and producing monthly reports to highlight non adherence and taking time-bound steps with relevant departments to reduce shortage of product or materials.
- Develop and maintain a business relationship with critical suppliers of merchandise
- Conduct an OTIF performance evaluation of materials delivery in consultation with internal stakeholders including the imports team, procurement team and operations team.
- Conduct Customer Service Levels measurement for Customers according to Case-Fill Rates and Line Fill Rates framework measures
- Re-engineering of the existing and development of new processes to help the company maintain and improve service levels of Customer Service and stock delivery timeline requirements
- To continuously evaluate ERP performance to support Supply Chain Planning processes and if necessary design changes to cater for changing business needs.
- Maintain ERP Master Data elements for Inventory & Planning
- 100% internal customer service issue resolution, education and complaints handling
- Develop a high performing and motivated team and guide staff to achieve their career goals.
- Produce accurate and timely reports in accordance with the Supply Chain KPI framework.
- Execute other reasonable duties/tasks from time to time as assigned by the supervisor
- B. Com/Business/Economics / Operations/Supply Chain or equivalent
- Professional qualification in Supply Chain (CSCP, CPIM) is added advantage.
- At least with at least 3 years’ experience in Supply Chain Function especially in Planning Roles
- Knowledge of ERP will be an added advantage
- Computer literate, proficiency in Microsoft Office
Desired Managerial and Technical Skills
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player with excellent influencing skills.
- High level of Initiative and self-drive.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must demonstrate drive and result orientation.
- Must have Sound Judgment Excellent understanding of Planning Frameworks.
- Excellent understanding of planning management tools, processes and strategy.
- Good skills in managing a planning process within an ERP environment including knowledge of Advanced Planning & Optimization.
- Project management skills.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, meet the above minimum qualifications and experience send as a One Word Document of your Application letter along with an Up to date CV Only and a daytime telephone contact to; firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15th June 2016 at 5:00pm.
NB: Use the position title as the subject of the email.