Sustainable Agricultural Information Initiative
Sustainet EA is looking for a well-organized and highly motivated individual who is results oriented to fill the following position:
Job Title: Field Facilitators
Department: Programmes and Projects
Supervisor: Regional Programme Coordinator
Location / Duty stations: Bungoma and Kakamega Counties
Job Summary and Purpose: In consultation with the Regional Programme Coordinator, the Field Facilitator will oversee sensitization, recruitment and appropriate training of grass-root based households in various areas to enhance agricultural production and other livelihoods promoting ventures in his/her area of operation.
This will be in addition to assisting affiliate groups to establish relevant linkages at county level and beyond.
The Field Facilitator will also monitor, maintain records and prepare progress reports as and when required.
Further, he/she will represent Sustainet EA in the respective area of jurisdiction.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
1. Mobilizing Community to actively participate in project activities
- Creating awareness on project goals, objectives and expected outputs;
- Facilitate the development of project implementation and management committees; and,
- Facilitate recruitment of groups and individuals participating in project activities.
2. Training of Community
- Facilitate training affiliate groups/families in good agricultural practices to enhance production as well as post-harvest handling including utilization and value addition of various grain crops.
- Facilitate development of community institutions like groups to enhance their performance as vehicle of collective growth and collective bargaining;
3. Monitoring of project activities and reporting
- Facilitate joint planning and action with affiliate groups/households and individuals;
- Establish and maintain project data according to the approved implementation and M&E plans; and,
- Compile weekly and monthly project progress reports.
4. Management of project resources
- Initiate and facilitate the procurement of project inputs in a cost-effective and timely manner;
- Facilitate the distribution of inputs in an equitable manner; and,
- Undertake proper maintenance and use of assigned project assets and resources.
- National/county government departments;
- Other development agencies with operations in area of jurisdiction.
- Use of motorcycle for transportation.
- Education: Diploma/certificate in Agriculture, Community Development or related courses;
- Experience in community development and management;
- Competencies in community mobilization and facilitation/training and good understanding of rural livelihoods
- A valid motorcycle rider’s license is a must
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements above, please send your application letter and CV plus telephone contacts to:
Head of Human Resources and Development Department
Sustainet East Africa
To be received by 5.00 pm Tuesday, 28th June 2016.