Tausi Assurance Company Ltd
Vacancy: Claims Officer
It was a quiet day in 1993 when 7 shareholders got together and formed Tausi Assurance Co. Ltd. The Company opened its doors for business quietly but confidently in 1993 in Westlands.
Tausi is a mid-sized insurance company with profits in excess of Ksh. 200m dealing in general insurance and is looking to recruit a suitably qualified, dynamic and experienced individual to join their high powered team as an Claims Officer..
The position holder will be reporting to the Head- Legal & Claims.
Role Purpose: Assist the Manager in charge by, oversee investigations of claims and coordinate processing and payment of the same.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Registry and Acknowledgement of new claims from Brokers and Agents,
- Calling for relevant claim supporting documents to enable processing of claims,
- Appointment of service providers within set benchmarks, reviewing their reports and processing claims as necessary.
- Processing claims:- Preparing Claim Notes for admissible claims,
- Discharge Vouchers for admissible claims,
- Drafting Repudiation Notes for inadmissible claims for approval,
- Maintenance of registers (Intimated Claims, Paid Claims, Assessors, Salvage, Recovery)
- Maintenance of adequate claims reserves and adjustment of the same,
- In-house assessment & adjustment of small claims to minimize costs on claims,
- Attending post loss survey,
- Recommending risk improvement measures to Underwriting Department,
- Notifying Reinsurance Department of claims with high reserves for purposes of recovery from reinsurers,
- Dealing with general correspondence on claims,
- Initiating third party recovery matters,
- Preparation of claims statistics / analysis of data:- Claims Experience, Loss Ratios,
- Cleaning up of claims manual data,
- Claims Incurred / Claims Projections
- Bachelors’ Degree in Insurance, Business Administration or Accounting
- Diploma in Insurance, Business Administration or Accounting
- At least 3 years’ experience claims management
Skills and competencies
- Proven intellectual leadership in managing people, operations and financial resources;
- Strong planning and coordination skills;
- Strong analytical skills
- Report writing skills
- Knowledge on general insurance software system (Premia – version 10) will be an added advantage
All applications should be made through firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 30th June 2016
For more information, visit www.tausiassurance.co.ke