James Finlay Mombasa Ltd. is a successful Tea Trading Company and part of the Finlay Group, a vertically integrated agribusiness known for its ‘bush to cup’ expertise in tea and long commitment to sustainability and ethical trading.
We are now seeking to recruit a highly motivated and result oriented individual in the position of a procurement officer to join a successful team.
The Job: Reporting to the Finance Manager, the key role will be to coordinate all the procurement and supplies activities of the company and ensuring that they are managed in the most efficient manner.
He will not only be required to implement best practices in purchasing and supplies operations but also to maximise savings and benefits from these activities as per company policy
The job holder will:
- implement procurement policies and ensure procurement processes are carried out per laid down procedures;
- maximize savings and benefits from procurement activities;
- establish quality & quantity specifications of the goods and services that are being utilized by company;
- negotiate terms and conditions of purchase with various suppliers in liaison with the procurement committee;
- roll out tenders in liaison with the procurement committee;
- evaluate new suppliers of materials and maintain list of approved suppliers
- ensure proper inventory records are maintained in the ERP system;
- prepare periodic reports to management on movement of packing materials and prices;
- provide leadership in the entire procurement and store function;
- Interfaces with Line Managers to plan and prioritize purchasing activities.
- reviews planned orders, creates requisitions for purchased items, and manages approval process.
- tracks orders, confirm system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- tracks orders and Reviews, updates, prepare and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of potential interruptions to internal customers and maintains purchase orders until they are closed.
- ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; reports nonconformities.
- identify opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies.
The ideal candidate must:
- be in possession of a Degree in procurement and supplies or any other related field;
- be proficient in MS office applications with proficiency in Microsoft Navision being an added advantage;
- have at least 4 years’ experience in a similar position in a busy commercial environment;
- have effective leadership and negotiation skills;
- be organized and able to withstand pressure
- be flexible with a high level of responsibility;
- have good interpersonal relations; and
- be a person of high integrity.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to:
The Managing Director,
to reach us not later than 24th June 2016.
Those applicants who will not have heard from us by 8th July 2016 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Please see www.finlays.net for more information on Finlays.