- Supports Regional Engineering Manager to execute growth within Tanzania and manage technical processes of EOGS in Tanzania
- Responsibility to keep operating power assets in Tanzania up and running (e.g. ensure maintenance, fix minor issues with assets)
- Support design and installation of power assets during organization, development, execution and operation of projects
- Travel to newly commissioned power assets and review the quality of the build and installation
- Write reports and document technical work performed by contractors (e.g. during installation) as required
- Provide suggestions for improvement to how power assets are built, installed and maintained
- Work alongside our customer care manager whilst on site and fix ad-hoc customer issues that might arise
- Ensure monthly reporting to central controlling function about any open issues regarding operations, installation
- Provide support to Engineering Manager, mainly regarding development and operation of projects
- Assist customer management in-line with standards and processes developed by EOGS
- Manage contractors and tickets assigned to these as defined by our processes
- Track updates on work through weekly ticketing meetings and store these updates electronically
- University degree in science, engineering or similar. 3 years of relevant technical experience would be accepted as an alternative
- Technical knowledge in renewable energy systems is required
- Technical experience in electrical power systems is required
- Experience managing contractors and working with external parties
- High level of self-organization, commitment, personal drive, energy, flexibility and ability to work under pressure to meet challenging targets
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary, international team in multiple locations
- Fluent in Swahili and English, in speech and writing
- Familiar with Tanzanian / East African cultures; work experience in Tanzania or neighbouring countries preferred
- Must hold a valid driver’s license or be willing to obtain a license upon starting
- Entrepreneurial thinking and excellent communication skills as well as strong team orientation
- Experience in managing a team or direct line management a plus.
- Shows initiative and has a history of delivering results
- Ability to communicate in German
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Working hours: Full time
Reports to: Regional Engineering Manager
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their cvs and cover letters to email@example.com
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th June 2016
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Duma Works is recruiting a Technical Manager for one of our clients.
The client is a vibrant and dynamic company that is based in Germany with a branch in Tanzania, it consists of an international team bringing off-grid energy to rural locations in East Africa.
They develop, engineer, finance and operate sites in developing world communities as well as provide reliable backup to business customers in the region.
We are looking for a dynamic candidate who wants to work with a growing business that aims to change the way power is provided around the world.
The job is based in Arusha, Tanzania and you’ll work closely with the Regional Engineering Manager.
You’re a candidate of high calibre, excellent communication skills and flexible to put in work where you can.