Our client, a leading international procurement and logistics company, is seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following position in their East Africa office based in Kenya:
Reporting to the Regional Manager – Sub – Saharan Africa, this is a position responsible for ensuring that all requirements for food safety, legality and quality are exceeded by the Company suppliers in East Africa.
The successful candidate will also support and promote the Company’s Sustainability Program in East Africa.
The incumbent needs to have experience of operating in the UK, European or US markets.
- Ensuring that robust procedures are in place throughout the supply base to ensure that the Company’s Technical Standards are met
- Managing the Company’s projects on the ground relating to supply chain development or sustainability
- Contributing to the design and delivery of the Country office Strategy for Sub – Saharan Africa
- Supporting the Company compliance Program in the region especially in local regulatory
- Developing direct supply chains with smallholders
- Ensuring that the Company’s Technical Standards and Processes are consistent with the rest of the Country offices
- Developing all fresh produce suppliers towards Good Agricultural Practice Compliance (e.g. GlobalGAP Certification)
- Developing partnerships with industry stakeholders in the region
- Ensuring that all suppliers in the region are meeting the Company’s standards for responsible sourcing and Supply Chain Security
- Supporting problem solving in other areas such as Packaging and Logistics
- Ensuring that all suppliers’ technical performance is captured on a scorecard to facilitate regular reviews
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Graduate/Higher National Certificate in Food Technology, Agriculture/ Agriculture Best Practice/ Life Sciences or Chemical Engineering Science
- 3 years post qualification working experience
- Significant experience of working within the East African Supply industry
- Certified Lead Assessor – ISO/BRC Food Safety
- Proven ability to negotiate, influence and drive decisions at senior management level
- Proven IT competency
- Strong problem solving and risk assessment skills
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Effective team player with strong leadership skills
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th June 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.