Terre des Hommes Netherlands is presently looking for a Regional Representative East Africa
40 hours / week
The organisation: Children’s aid organisation Terre des Hommes Netherlands (TdH-NL) is passionately dedicated to stop child exploitation.
TdH-NL’s mission is to prevent child exploitation, to remove children from exploitative situations and to ensure these children can develop themselves in a safe environment.
We work closely with local project partners and support more than 220 projects in 15 countries.
Terre des Hommes employs about 100 employees, including about 40 at its headquarters in The Hague and 65 in the regions of Asia and East Africa.
T dH-NL depends on private and institutional fundraising and is partly subsidized by the Dutch Foreign Affairs Ministry (ISO certified (ISO 9001:2015).
Structure: TdH-NL is a Dutch foundation. The highest body is the supervisory board (unpaid).
The foundation is led by the executive director and the director of Finance/ICT. TdH-NL is member of the International Federation.
TdH-NL East Africa portfolio currently includes multi-million euro programming across Ethiopia, Kenya, Oeganda, Tanzania and Southern Sudan.
Commitment to TdH-NL mission and values, together with excellent managerial, entrepreneurship and fundraising skills are essential components of the post – only candidates with these characteristics need apply.
For the right individual, the TdH Regional Representative post presents an exciting and competitively remunerated job opportunity in a challenging environment, with the possibility to have a positive and lasting impact on the lives of vulnerable children.
The TdH Regional Representative is a key member of the Programme Department, reports to the Head of Programmes, and collaborates closely with the Head Marketing and Communication.
Your primary responsibilities will be
- Providing s trategic and inspiring leadership to the regional and national offices in East Africa to develop and implement quality programmes.
- Networking, representation and fundraising: Identifying new funding sources and negotiate funding opportunities to support programme implementation. Building strong and effective working relationships with stakeholders on behalf of TdH-NL in Africa including national government, the UN, the European Union, other (I)NGOs as well as the private sector.
- Ensuring high quality programme development and implementation across regional portfolio, providing support to local partners & implementing projects in keeping with the strategic plan of TdH-NL.
- Developments in the region: Keeping track of major political and social developments in the region and acting as a spokesperson on behalf of TdH-NL.
- Inspiring leader with at least 10 years of international working experience of which at least 3 years in a leadership position such as Regional Director or Country Director for a comparable INGO.
- Previous experience in East Africa is an advantage.
- Relevant university degree at master’s degree level, preferably in Development Studies, Business Administration, International Relations, Economics, Social or Agricultural Sciences.
- Commitment to and understanding of TdH-NL objectives, values and principles.
- Good intercultural communication skills and fluency in English, both written and verbal (basic knowledge of Dutch is an advantage).
- Cross cultural aware and able to gather important information on developments in the region.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically, including the ability to think beyond the country programme context and to act within a regional and global framework.
- Demonstrated successful experience with fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment.
- Experience with project planning, monitoring and evaluation. Knowledge of Dutch funding streams an advantage.
- Financial and administrative skills.
- Entrepreneurial, result driven and able to cooperate.
- Persuasive, able to create & maintain good rapport with project partners and a good networker.
- Computer literate and acquainted with Google Apps.
- Valid driving license (C/E) and willingness to frequently travel to partner organisations.
We offer a challenging and responsible position in a changing environment.
TdH-NL is a result driven, professional organisation staffed by individuals dedicated and determined to prevent and fight child exploitation.
TdH-NL is an informal organisation where innovative plans are very much appreciated and decisions can be made quickly given the transparent, decentralized and basic organizational structure.
We offer a salary in accordance with the function and what is common in the charitable sector, including a contribution towards the costs of a health scheme and participation in a pension scheme.
How to apply
Please send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae by e-mail to Ms. Kim Haring, Human Resources Advisor, email@example.com, with subject line Regional Representative East Africa, clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications for this position before 20 June, 2016.
References are required and will be verified.
Responses by employment agencies are not appreciated.