The post is based in Nanyuki, but will initially require frequent travel throughout Northern Kenya and then to wherever partner interventions require.
- Provide technical support and guidance to BOMA Project partners in the design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of REAP poverty graduation programs through extended assignments to the partner’s area of operations, as well as regular telephone calls, email communication and follow up visits to each supported partner as requested and necessary.
- Review and provide technical input on proposals for partnership.
- Review and provide technical input on internal and external reports and other documents as needed.
- Support partner programs in the recruitment of local staff by providing job descriptions and required qualifications, creating interview question templates and providing feedback to local management on the hiring process.
- Ensure the quality of REAP programs being implemented by the partner program follow BOMA Project standards.
- Ensure progress towards objectives and targets of partner REAP programs.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to measure and improve quality of REAP programs.
- Ensure sharing of evidence of REAP interventions and best practices.
- Ensure the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned from REAP programs.
- Work with partner programs to develop sector specific strategic plans.
- Contribute to the development of partner field staff through training, mentoring, and other guidance.
- Liaise with colleagues in the Main Office of BOMA to access additional technical resources as needed.
- Ensure relevant objectives and activities of the BOMA Project strategic plan for the partner program are included in the design and implementation of REAP projects.
- Work closely with other technical units and technical advisors in the countries of his/her responsibility to ensure cross-unit collaboration and program integration.
- Contribute to the development of new and innovative approaches and initiatives in REAP programming.
- Perform other tasks as negotiated with supervisor.
- Candidates should be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Management, International Development, Social Studies or related field (Master’s degree is an added advantage).
- The individual should also have a minimum of 5 years of management experience in the private sector and/or non-profit international sector and previous work experience in a developing country, with deep knowledge of the political, economic and social issues facing the East Africa region.
Cover letter (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2270”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2270, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th June 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.