Tourism Finance Corporation (TFC) is the leading Development Financial Institution (DFI) providing affordable and accessible financial facilities and advisory services to the Tourism Industry.
TFC’s mission is to develop and diversify Kenya’s Tourism industry by providing a range of advisory and financial services to investors in tourism related enterprises.
The Corporation is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Managing Director is responsible for implementing Board decisions in a result oriented and timely manner to achieve the Corporation’s goals, objectives and
agreed performance targets.
agreed performance targets.
- Develop and recommend to the Board the long term strategy, business plans and annual operating budgets; and establish proper internal monitoring and control systems and procedures.
- Ensure that there is effective communication between the Management and the Board as well as between different levels of Management.
- Ensure decisions of the Board are implemented.
- Provide leadership to the employees.
- Attend to personnel matters including organizational structures, appointments, welfare, training, industrial relations, separation and effective management succession plans.
- Ensure continuous improvements in the quality and value of services and products provided by the Corporation.
- Ensure continuous achievement of the Corporation’s financial and operating goals and objectives.
- Oversee and ensure implementation of corporate policies and programmes.
- Maintain a conducive work environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees.
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship.
- Act as the principal spokesperson of the Corporation.
- Ensure compliance with the laws of the Country.
- Resource mobilization.
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or Strategy or a related discipline.
- Master’s Degree from a recognize university.
- 10 years of relevant work experience with at least 5 years in a senior management role.
- Financial knowledge.
- Understanding of the law.
- Leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Commitment to institution’s vision and values.
- Membership of a professional body i.e. ICPAK, ACCA or its equivalent.
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to comply with chapter six (6) of the Constitution, 2010.
Compliance certificates from the following institutions should be attached.
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigations Department
- Higher Education Loans Board
The successful candidate will be accorded a competitive remuneration package that reflects the strategic importance of the position.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications/competences and skills, a detailed and updated CV, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, National ID, details and contacts of three professional referees, as well as current and expected remuneration to reach the undersigned by 1st July, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Board of Directors
Tourism Finance Corporation
Utalii House, 11th Floor
P.O. Box 42013, 00100.
TFC is an equal opportunity employer