Job Title: Training Officer
Reporting to: Training Manager
Probationary Period: 3 Months
The purpose of this position is to develop and implement a professional training solution to Sheer Logic’s clients based on Training Needs Assessment and Business Development Requirements.
Key Result Areas
Training Needs Analysis / Training Research
- Designing and implementing Training & Development programmes based on the needs of the organisation and its employees;
- Working with clients to develop a customized training calendar for a given period;
- Making follow-up meetings on the implementation and evaluation of the training solutions to the organization;
- Reviewing as appropriate on the methodology and delivery of the training solution;
- Helping client organizations to develop individual learning plans for their employees; and
- Researching new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and presenting this research to the clients for consideration and eventual implementation.
Training Delivery (Programs, Training AIDS and Materials)
- Conducting/Facilitating training programs;
- Keeping up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses;
- Having an excellent understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, being involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages;
- Evaluating training and development programmes;
- Amending and revising programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the client’s work environment;
- Producing training materials for external and the client’s in-house courses;
- Managing the delivery of Training and Development programmes and assisting clients to develop a training strategy for their organizations;
- Working with third party consultants to ensure the delivery of the programs is to the standard agreed by the client; and
- Being the custodian of training evaluation reports and client feedback.
- Degree qualification in Business management/ Marketing;
- Professional training in HR will be an added requirement with an emphasis on Organizational Development (OD);
- Minimum 5 years of post-qualification experience in a busy Training and Development organization;
- Experience of working within a customer service environment is desirable;
- Experience of communicating at all levels up to and including senior management;
- Experience of designing, delivering and maintaining training materials is essential;
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills;
- Initiative and the ability to offer new ideas;
- Organizational and planning skills;
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines; and
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills.
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees (1 of which should be immediate, 1 former supervisor and any other) should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 21st June 2016.
Please clearly indicate on the subject line as “Training Officer”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted