Our client is a leading travel agency in Kenya with offices in Nairobi, Nanyuki and Machakos.
They are seeking to recruit a competent and self-driven Travel Marketing Executive professional who is result and has the passion and zeal to work in the travel industry.
Role Overview: The role requires a self-starting individual who is motivated by the business, flexible in their work approach, and able to work in a dynamic environment understanding the needs of working in a travel industry.
You will have experience with developing and implementing a travel marketing strategy and operations plan, and managing external agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively create and implement a marketing and PR strategy; working to communicate the brand to the luxury travel industry and clients, ensuring consistency of branding across all collateral both on and offline such as the website, brochures, social media channels and all other client facing materials.
- Follow up on bookings made by clients to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Developing an evolved understanding of the regional market and using those insights to deliver high quality sales performance
- Assist team in developing relationships with key players in the travel industry tourism boards, foreign travel agents and B2B companies
- Assessing and evaluating the right target group of travel vendors; understanding their business and enabling them to join and grow with the travel agency.
- Collect customer feedback and complaints and maintain accurate data records to facilitate identification of operational improvements and efficiencies.
- Collaborate with Travel and Tour Consultants and our overseas marketing representatives to continually improve marketing collateral.
Qualifications / Skills / Requirements
- A Diploma in Marketing or Travel and Tours Marketing and Reservations is required for this role along with experience in digital marketing/advertising with a minimum 2 years. A degree in any of the above would be an added advantage
- Experience in the travel and hospitality sector is a KEY requirement.
- Ability to work closely with other departments in Tour Company setup
- Previous vibrant client database and industry networks in airlines, hotels, lodges and other destinations will be an added advantage
- Good people skills and must be very bold and outgoing
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure within strict deadlines
- Ability to manage own time and staff and to plan activities
- Ability to work with limited resources
- Prepared to travel long distance to attend travel trade fairs
- Tourism marketing – internal, local, regional and international
- Computer skills – graphics programmes a definite advantage
- Website maintenance experience is a real plus
- Basic budgeting and budget management
- Strategic marketing planning
- Corporate Identity and Branding knowledge
- Brochure & promotional material co-ordination
- Travel and Hospitality Advertising experience
- Client relations management
How to Apply
If you meet the said requirements send your application in confidence by email attaching your detailed latest CV to:
Clearly indicate your current and expected salary.
Closing date for applications is Saturday, 2nd July 2016.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
N.B: Do not attach certificates