Seeking: Closedown / Administration Manager
Contract to run through 31st August, 2016
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) Program: The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia and Somaliland.
The overall program goal is to mitigate conflict; to promote stability and community cohesion, and to strengthen citizens’ relationships with government officials. TIS implements quick impact activities linked to longer-term stabilization goals.
The TIS program is currently seeking a skilled, diplomatic, effective, and highly motivated Closedown / Admin Manager.
As our Closedown / Admin Manager, you will work closely with the Operations Manager and all functional teams in the Nairobi office in ensuring a smooth program closure in compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
This position will be based in Nairobi.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Arrange and Oversee and Non Expendable and Expendable assets disposition per USAID approved disposition plan
- Review and continuously update information on TAMIS that pertains to contracts, sub contracts data and grants
- Work with the grants team to ensure all grants are closed as per scheduled time frames
- Coordinate with the Data Base specialist to ensure all data is up to date for grant closure
- Liaise with the IT Manager in managing IT related resources required to complete activities including backing up data, decommissioning and disposition preparation of IT Equipment
- Work with Inventory Specialist to make sure that the TAMIS inventory records are up to date
- Review all contracts and agreements that entail security deposits to provide notices to respective vendors
- Continue to manage correct labelling and numbering of boxes for shipment
- Continuously review and ensure purchase requests are fully executed before any purchases are done
- In liaison with the Admin Assistant review the Payment tracker
- Work closely with the Finance and Admin team to ensure the contract tracker is up to date
- Liaise with the field accountant to ensure all outstanding staff advances are accounted for before project closure
- University degree in Business Administration or any relevant field.
- At least 4 years’ experience in operations management or administration with closeout experience with INGO’s, USAID or other donor funded organizations.
- Candidates with USAID project closeout experience highly preferred.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English language
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
If so, please send
(1) a CV that includes 3 references in PDF format
(2) A cover letter explaining why you are eligible for the position,
(3)A filled and signed copy of the 1420 bio data form which can be downloaded from http://www.usaid.gov/forms
Forward your application to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Sunday, 26th June 2016.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please put Closedown & Administration Manager as the email subject.