Seeking: Professional Report Writing Consultant
(Contract duration-Six weeks with a possibility of extension)
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program
The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia and Somaliland.
The overall program goal is to mitigate conflict; to promote stability and community cohesion, and to strengthen citizens’ relationships with government officials.
TIS implements quick impact activities linked to longer-term stabilization goals.
The Report Writing Consultant will write the end of project and edit the structural assessment report for TIS-DAI, in line with USAID standards and requirements.
The purpose for the Report Writing consultant is to coordinate the gathering of all the data necessary for the final report, and the edit the structural impact report.
With the support of the Communication and M&E Manager, she/he will condense all the information necessary of the above reports.
This position will be based in Nairobi.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collect and study relevant documents, including: annual work plans, success stories, and annual and quarterly reports from 2011-2016
- Produce a work plan for data collection which clearly outlines the deadline for each activity
- Edit and format the structural impact assessment report
- Work closely with the Communication and M&E Manager to gather the information necessary for the final report, including success stories, M&E data, finance, engineering and programming
- Assume the leading role in writing and editing of the final report
- Provide considerable support to organizing, writing, and finalizing the structural impact assessment reports
- Submission of work plan outlining clear deadline of data collection
- Submission of the first draft of the final report
- Submission of the second draft of the final report
- Submission of the final draft of the final report
- Submission of structural impact assessment report for Baidoa, Somaliland, and Galgaduud
- Power Point presentation outlining the key findings
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Arts, Communication or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in quality report writing for donor funded programmes
- Demonstrated experience in producing publication-quality reports
- Experience with deadline-driven writing assignments
- At least two years’ experience editing, proofreading, and publishing USAID reports
- Fluency in written English language
Do you have the above qualifications and skills?
If so, please send
(1) a CV that includes 3 references in PDF format
(2) a cover letter explaining why you are eligible for the position,
(3) a filled and signed copy of the 1420 bio data form which can be downloaded from http://www.usaid.gov/forms
Forward your application to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Sunday, 12th June, 2016.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please put Final Report Writing Consultant as the email subject.