Applications are invited from qualified persons for the following positions;
Overall responsibility: The position holder will have an overall goal of achieving maximum produce at a minimum cost by exploiting agricultural best practices.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead; the implementation of farm management plans to guide the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Properly document; organize and capture activity/project progress by Inspecting crops and fields to determine maturity, yield, infestation, or work requirements, such as cultivating, spraying, weeding, or harvesting.
- Evaluate; the financial impact of all projects undertaken within specific periods so as develop forecast for the organisations’ future needs on the farm.
- Make recommendations; on appropriate methods and products to be provided to farm workers to increase the production and quality of crops.
- Conduct; insect, weed & disease research and develop methods and recommendations for relevant products to assist in the control weeds and pests to keep crops disease-free
- Develop; periodic reports for internal use as and when needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge; by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Contribute; to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and ensuring that the work environment is safe and healthy.
- Perform; any other duties that may be assigned by the management.
- Degree in agronomy or related field.
- 1-2 Years farm experience in crop production life cycle.
- Practical experience in application of agricultural best practices.
- Excellent analytical and entrepreneurial skills in Agribusiness
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Attention to details.
Send Applications to email@example.com
The deadline for submission is Wednesday, 15th June, 2016