Job Ref.: DC-284703
client is a video production company based in Nairobi since 2007. Video
is indeed a powerful medium – no other medium combines the use of sound
and motion to provide an accurate account of events.
is our vision to becoming one of East Africa’s preferred audio-visual
partners in content production and we seek to achieve this by producing
hi-definition quality videos that convey gripping, compelling and
are looking for an outgoing, driven, confident, assertive, likeable,
structured, relational and focused Sales Executive capable of selling
our company’s products and services. Our customers include individuals
businesses, government organizations, NGOs and foreign production
Sales Executive will be required to approach potential
customers with the aim of winning new business, work to maintain good
relationships with existing clients, gaining repeat business wherever
are a video / content production house. The Sales Executive will be
required to have some information or experience in this field.
candidate will be selling content to broadcasters, solicit for business
from government agencies, NGOs, large corporations and foreign
This is a target driven position and will involve the following:
- Relationship building using both traditional and digital methods e.g. CRM software
- Researching the market and related products;
- Presenting our product and services favourably and in a structured professional way face-to-face.
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale;
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails;
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business;
- Responding to incoming emails and phone enquiries then forwarding to the Producer for quotations;
- Acting as a contact between the company and its existing and potential markets;
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales;
- Gathering market, customer and competition information;
- Representing the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations;
- With help of the Director and Producer, challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy;
detailed proposal and tender documents, often as part of a formal
bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer;
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets;
a clear understanding of existing and new customers’ businesses and
requirements and passing the information to the production team;
closely with the team in order to maintain a continuous knowledge of
project status in order to identify potential issues and/or
opportunities within or related to the project.
- Understanding the company’s capabilities and service, and effectively communicates all offerings to the new and existing client.
- Reports to the CEO, providing regular input on all account activity, including status and call reports on a weekly basis.
- A business degree majoring in sales and/or marketing
- Excellent communication skills in writing, speaking and presentation
- Good experience in MS Office especially MS PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Excel
- Diploma in Marketing, Business Administration or related field (added advantage)
years’ experience post qualification in the service industry.
Experience in the media and film industry will be a definite advantage
- Valid driving License – BCE class
- Driven: Has a sense of urgency and a need to accomplish the task at hand
- Confident: Believes in own abilities and can handle rejection
- Outgoing: Projects a great first impression and is energized by social interactions
- Assertive: Effectively controls interactions and doesn’t cave in easily
- Likeable: Engages customer emotions, is likeable and memorable
- Structured: Leads the customer through the process, is organized and follows through
- Relational: Cares about the person, not just the sale; effectively identifies customer needs
- Focused: Doesn’t get sidetracked; knows the final destination
candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their
applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected
salary and their daytime contact, to email@example.com (Subject of
the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR & THE JOB
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please
refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
Note: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews