The Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB) is a statutory body charged with economic and service regulation of the water services sector.
WASREB sets rules, standards and guidelines to ensure that water services are provided in an effective and efficient manner with a view to protecting consumer interests.
To strengthen our institutional capacity, we wish to recruit highly motivated professionals to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Internal Auditor – Technical Audits
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for carrying out internal audit assignments that includes but not limited to
- assessing compliance with performance standards in achieving value for money in the water sector;
- providing independent assurance to the Board of Directors and Management on the implementation and effectiveness of the internal control systems;
- conducting internal audits related to technical systems and processes that support regulation of water services and
- executing internal audit plans in order to enable the internal audit department deliver on its objectives.
Key Duties / Responsibilities / Tasks
- Carry out ad hoc appraisal, investigation, inspections and reviews
- Identifies areas that have lapses in approved standards and recommend appropriate interventions.
- Assess compliance with established standards for design, construction and operation and maintenance of water services facilities.
- Verify the reliability and integrity of water sector operational data.
- Appraise the use of resources with regard to economy, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review the adequacy of controls established to ensure compliance with policies, plans procedures, and objectives
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the system of risk identification and management and suggest improvements as appropriate.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly departmental reports.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills)
a) Academic Qualifications: Bachelor of Science degree in either Civil Engineering, Water and Environmental Engineering, Chemical and Process Engineering, or any other relevant qualification from a recognized university
b) Professional Qualifications/Membership to Professional bodies
- CPA Finalist will be an added advantage
- Registration with relevant professional body will be an added advantage
c) Previous relevant work experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in a busy organization
d) Functional Skills and Behavioral Competencies
- IT Savvy
- Excellent analytical and Interpersonal skills
- Leadership/supervisory skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Flexibility to travel
Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya (2010) Requirements;
Applicants must also submit copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies;
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (CID)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Internal Audit Manager.
Terms and Conditions of Service: This position is on permanent and pensionable terms of service
How to Apply
The closing date is 4th July 2016 at 5 pm.
Applications must be sent via email to email@example.com with ONLY THE JOB TITLE as spelt out in this advert as the subject line.
Wasreb is an equal opportunity employer and encourages Youths, Women and Person’s with disability to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Water Services for All
ISO 9001:2008 Certified