Exciting Job Opportunity: Radio Producer!
Are you creative, inspiring, ambitious & hungry to work in a cutting-edge, award-winning organisation?
If so, today could be your lucky day!
Well Told Story is looking for a radio producer to join its dynamic production team that make the award winning Shujaaz.
Shujaaz is a weekly radio show that broadcasts on over 11 radio stations across Kenya every week. It inspires and motivates millions of young Kenyans to take action to improve their lives and engage with urgent practical issues that shape their future.
The Radio Producer is a key position within the creative team reporting to the Shujaaz Producer.
You will be responsible for the audio content for broadcasts via radio, the internet and other mobile platforms.
You will be involved in the entire process, from idea generation, actual production to managing the audience response.
- Generating and researching ideas for programmes
- Developing content and, writing material for scripts and links
- Sourcing potential contributors and interviewees
- Location and studio recording
- Selecting sfx & music appropriate to the brand & the audience
- Managing the logistics of getting people and equipment together to the right place at the right time
- Managing presenters for recorded output
- Mixing and editing the shows
- Scheduling recordings and ensuring the tight delivery deadlines are met
- Delivering the final shows to the partner stations on time and in an appropriate format
- Building and maintaining relationships with our partner stations across Kenya
- Ensuring Shujaaz radio continues to be the hottest show on air!
- Confidence in using Adobe Audition – experience in editing and mixing.
- Ability to carry out field recordings.
- Experience in conducting studio recordings
- An aptitude for learning new technology will be beneficial.
- Confident in speaking and understanding sheng.
- The ability to write well and confidently.
- A great phone manner.
- Be able to meet tight deadlines.
We’re looking for someone fantastic with:
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure and to short deadlines.
- Ability to build effective relationships with partners, fans and actors.
- Flexibility in working hours: happy to work evenings/weekends/travel if necessary.
- Confidence in using social and digital media.
- An interest in youth issues & culture.
- A team player.
- Diploma or Degree in a media related filed.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience working with sound/audio
Then email us at email@example.com with the following information:
- A short paragraph written in sheng – telling us why you are passionate about radio.
- A covering letter explaining why you want the job.
- Your CV.
- Portfolio showcasing your best audio/sound work
Please note due to the number of applications we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.
We will, however, retain each suitable application for future consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 8th July 2016.