Global Platform Deputy Manager
Location: Nanyuki, Kenya
Contract Duration: 3 Years
The job holder will be responsible to ensure smooth running of operations at the Global Platform office in Nanyuki.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervision of staff in alignment with ActionAid International Kenya and ActionAid Denmark procedures.
- Ensure and maintain regular contact with Global Platform Manager – Nairobi.
- Develop annual and quarterly work plans, budgets for the GP in collaboration with GP Manage, Nairobi.
- Provide guidance and support to development of project concepts.
- Overall guidance and support to ensuring proper training quality and evaluation.
- Ensure compliance with Action Aid standards on Human Resource, Security and make sure that the Global Platform standards on hygiene, sanitation and security meet external requirements.
- Oversee and contribute to maintaining of current communication channels.
- Coordination and management of activities in Mt. Kenya Youth Hub
- Supervision of staff and volunteers in Mt. Kenya Youth Hub
- Maintain the existing strategic partnerships and networks with (I) NGO and related institutions to promote GP socio-economic modalities.
- Promote GP and Mt Kenya Youth Hub activities amongst identified partners.
- Ensure the GP is proactive and can facilitate the required capacity development for ActionAid International Kenya and partners.
- Provide daily financial management of GP Mt. Kenya in collaboration with Administration Assistant and GP Manager Nairobi; annual budgets, monthly accounting and quarterly reporting in line with AA processes and guidelines and reporting to AAK & AADK.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies or its equivalent from a recognized University;
- Post Graduate training in Financial & Organizational Management, People Management (Leadership) skills;
- Satisfactorily served as manager in an NGO or a comparable position with similar responsibilities in like organizations for a minimum period of five (5) years; and
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of programming issues, resource mobilization including proposal development, donor reporting and managing donor relations.
- Strong leadership, conceptual, analytical and negotiation skills;
- Have high degree of integrity and dependability;
- Ability to work independently and be self motivated;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- High level of IT proficiency in use of MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point, and e-mail; and
- Excellent team player.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ActionAid is an equal opportunities employer.