AFMA – African Farms and Markets
The trading arm of Farm Concern International
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Reference Code: AFMA LTD/ KE/2016
Location: Kieni – Nyeri
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiating and developing AFMA business in the allocated areas of Inputs, hermetic bags, soil testing, Farm Consulting and other business lines.
- Developing and implementing concrete strategies for achievement of the set sales targets for the allocated region.
- Planning and organizing relevant activities including field days, Trade fairs, farmer’s trainings and other activities that enable achievement of growth in sales for AFMA products.
- Liaising with the various stakeholders including farmers, agro-dealers, County government and other stakeholders in the target areas that lead to growth of sales in the allocated areas.
- Representing AFMA Ltd on all sales led functions and events in the allocated regions.
- Providing accurate and consistent reports on the progress of the AFMA initiative in the allocated regions. Keep records of sales figures and the results of all marketing initiatives.
- Advising the AFMA management on new business opportunities in the allocated regions.
- Business growth through sourcing of new clients
- Daily follow up on customers from inception to the completion of the final payments
- Planning for customers visit, developing customer visit schedules and ultimately taking clients to sites on daily basis or as per the plan
- Daily reporting / feedback on business done to the supervisor
- Implement the approved sales and marketing strategies
- Participate and contribute towards new products development and aggressive sale of the same.
- Capturing all the information for all new and old customers for new and future business
- Ensure good customer service to all the clients
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time
- Diploma in Agriculture with 2 years’ experience in sales and working with farmers.
- 2 years relevant experience in sales and marketing of agricultural products
Jobs Skills and Personal Attributes
- Strong customer focus and problem solver;
- Teamwork ability
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Maintain high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Analytical skills
- Solid skills in documentation
- Should have a good track record and of unquestionable integrity
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by 15th July, 2016 stating the reference code on the subject line.
The shortlisting will be ongoing as applications are received.