Role Purpose: Providers level 2 technical support for Telkom Mobile Financial Services systems.
- Execute operations and maintenance / housekeeping activities for the systems.
- Maintain and extend operations and maintenance documentation.
- Execute service requests on behalf of end users.
- Act as key technical point of contact for all technical queries/issues raised by end users.
- Update incident and problem tickets in a timely manner, ensuring that status on major incidents is reported back to the service desk in alignment with SLAs
- Perform and support Technical and Operational Acceptance Testing for new systems releases and upgrades.
- Review and approve vendor release/upgrade documents, including but not limited to installation guides, deployment plans and back-out plans.
- Implement operations monitoring dashboards in order to provide realtime view of systems performance and general systems availability.
- Work closely with the Datacentre teams to ensure backups and infrastructure-level maintenance is performed.
- Review and agree all RCA’s for severity one systems outages.
- Contribute to monthly service availability reports.
- Monitor and plan for capacity and technology upgrades.
- Degree or equivalent in telecommunications, IT or Related Field
- ITIL qualification desirable
- Telco project management desirable in Billing/BSS domains
- Mobile Money systems experience beneficial
- Swahili conversational skills
- Linux – strong knowledge Redhat or other Linux O/S.
- Oracle 11/12 DBMS support experience, including strong SQL DDL and DML experience
- Oracle Business Intelligence suite desirable
- Nagios IT Management Suite desirable
- API’s SOAP, XML, REST, JSON support experience required
- Results orientated
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in high-pressure support environment
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only.
Application should be sent by latest 22nd July 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.