Bayer East Africa is a subsidiary of Bayer AG, a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of Healthcare and Crop Science.
To maximise our commitment to efficient service delivery, we seek to recruit a qualified and result oriented individual to fill the following position:
Commercial Operations Manager – Environmental Science
Ref No: 2016/HR/ES-001
Reporting to the Regional Head- Bayer Environmental Science – Sub Saharan Africa, the job holder will;
- Strengthen and bring cohesion to the commercial approach in ES markets in Sub Saharan Africa (excluding Republic of South Africa) with a clear vision to increase the Vector control business and establish a platform for the Pest Control Business in SSA,
- To make material contribution to the global and regional Vector control strategy by playing an active role in the Integrated Vector Market Platforms at a global level
- Management and responsibility for full P&L including sales, CODB (Cost of Doing Business). IGM and working capital management for the business area.
- To take responsibility for senior stakeholder engagement in SSA with clear coordination of these activities together with global stakeholder engagement in Region International and build a team expertise in stakeholder engagement
- Develop the market entry and growth strategy for new VC products and other Bayer Vector Control and pest control tools, including country/regional specific strategies, human resources plans and market approach strategies.
- To lead a sales team located in three regional offices across the African Continent with three key language groups (French, Portuguese and English).
- To cooperate closely with the SSA marketing and development organization as well as with BES Region International business development team and Global Partnership Manager / vector control, in order to maximize time to peak sales of our project pipelines
- To lead the implementation and monitor the execution of key business processes like TOP (Tender Operating Procedures), Tender Tracking System, Stakeholder mapping and Stakeholder engagement plans in order to maximize our probability of success in the Vector control tender market
- To identify and prioritize business opportunities outside the public vector control market and conduct marketing exercises in order to determine sustainable business models in the areas of general insect control, forestry and grain storage.
Who You Are
- Strong knowledge of the Vector Control market and community
- Ability to travel in Sub Saharan Africa, ability to negotiate complex bureaucratic protocols
- Fluency in English & French, Portuguese will be a plus
- Master’s degree in Business, marketing and sales or related degree
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in similar position / industry
- Basic knowledge of scientific principles and practices related to the Environmental Science markets.
- Effective writing and presentation skills.
- Well organized and a high level of autonomy
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter, a detailed CV with three current professional referees including daytime contact, not later than 15 July 2016 to: