- Manage BOMA’s Salesforce system: keep the system updated through adding new users, amending existing accounts, checking system permissions on user profiles, restricting and allowing data access, database de-duping and clean-up and performing regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions and data corruption.
- Customize and develop Salesforce: design and manage ongoing development of the Salesforce system to meet BOMA’s objectives and targets, develop and maintain dashboards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks, identify approaches that leverage BOMA’s resources and provide economies of scale.
- Build BOMA’s capacity to use GPS data: Install and configure GIS systems, provide training and manuals regarding implemented GIS systems, conduct analyses of GIS data.
- Provide targeted training to the Data Analyst (based in Nanyuki) and the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (based in Marsabit), as well as additional members of the IT team, in Salesforce administration and related operations
- Supervise, mentor, coach and build the capacity of the IT Associate and future IT Team members to effectively serve as Administrator for Office 365: to manage the Outlook mail system: create, change, and delete user accounts per request, install and configure Office365 on all staff devices, troubleshoot and fix any Office 365 problems experienced by users.
- Train BOMA staff on Salesforce, use of tablets and laptops, and data collection: develop training materials and conduct trainings for Field Officers, Mentors, and Enumerators, keep training materials and manuals up-to-date, communicate new Salesforce releases and enhancements; and produce reports and data summaries for BOMA staff as needed
- Coordinate digital data collection: Translate Mentor, field officer, and baseline and end line surveys into Salesforce architecture and update forms as needed, ensure enumerator and mentors have the training, equipment and support needed for effective digital data collection, create Salesforce mechanisms to effectively report and communicate survey results, clean data, extract data into STATA ready format.
- Under the guidance of the Manager of M&E, provide leadership of technological collaborative agreements with consulting partners, and advice and training on the implementation of data collection and analysis with other agencies or NGOs with which BOMA has a partnership agreement.
- Provide technical support and guidance for the roll-out of mobile banking.
- Perform any other relevant duties and tasks as may from time to time be assigned.
- Bachelor’s (4-year) degree with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Two years or more years’ experience in systems administration, with particular emphasis on data management for the monitoring and evaluation of large development projects.
- Knowledge of Salesforce terminology and administration.
- Ability to proactively identify and address complex problems in a way that responds to end user needs.
- Ability to explain complex technology to users of all ability levels in a way that is respectful and engaging.
- Ability to work independently and remotely while contributing to a team effort.
Cover letter (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2306”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2306, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 24th July 2016
N.B. * When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS/email alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The questionnaire with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.